Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Talk About....

My mom often used to say 'The harrier I go, the behinder I get'.

Why is it that there are always so many last minute things one needs to do. Yesterday I worked from home, ignoring attempted contacts from people who need bits of my time. And trying to get to do those things that absolutely have to get done before we go. And, yes - this 'Must Do' list just seems to be growing. Not to mention those curve balls that still keep on coming.

But then, last night, we went for supper at one of Niel's golfing friends (which is why I'm only writing now - and you thought I missed a beat!?) And to talk about Italy. How awesome it was to see that an Italian Dream can turn into such passionate memories. And how awesome to be able to hear some firsthand experiences and tips.

The one thing I did realise was that I need to do a lot more reading on the history of Italy. At school I avoided history like the plague. But listening to someone talk about some of the historic elements of what we will be seeing in a week, sparked off what may just become a new interest. Even paging through a book of Michelangelo's works, and reading some explanations around some of his (you would have to admit - strange) paintings, was fascinating.

So the Must Do List has just grown considerably. With some reading matter, this time, and not work-related stuff.

So little time....

PS. I'm sure you've all heard about the idiom 'Crossing the Rubicon'. But do you know what this 'Rubicon' is? I learnt last night that it's actually a river in Italy! How awesome is that?  It's explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment